Saturday, September 18, 2010

Why Adoption Beefstew?

So, for those of you who might be wondering why the strange name for my blog, I thought a brief explanation might be necessary.  During Clare's adoption, I had serious food issues in Kazakhstan.  I was constantly drawn to eating strange meat products.  It was weird.  Who knows - maybe they were adoption cravings.  Add to that the fact that I really don't cook - not yet anyway.  I realize I will have to start cooking more as the girls get older.    Anyway, one night in Kaz, I came back from the grocery store with some kind of really tough meat.  That night, I skyped with my mom and was trying to figure out what to do with the meat.  My mother, in all her love and wisdom, recommended that I just "whip up a quick batch of beef stew..."  It was one of the funnier moments of my journey.  Seriously - strange apartment, halfway around the world, by myself and my mom wants me, a person who barely cooks, to "whip up a quick batch of beef stew..."  Love you mom!  Anyway, I thought it was a fitting title for my blog as I venture out to Russia this time in search of my next daughter, and Clare's little sister.

Anyone up for a little beefstew?  I can't wait!  Beefstew, Round 2 - here I come!

By the way, for anyone who didn't follow Clare's journey and is interested in adopting from Kazakhstan, please feel free to check out the website I did for Clare's adoption.  The journal section catalogs each day of that amazing adventure.

www.fromkazwithlove.com
password:  clare

No comments:

Post a Comment