Friday, November 18, 2011

Nov 18 - Arrived safely

My flight landed on time and I am here at the Marriott Grand.  Tanya was waiting for me (as always) when I exited Customs.  Unfortunately, my driver and now good friend, Sasha (Alexander) wasn't with her.  Not sure why but there is a new driver - Gregoire.  Very nice man as well and same Russian driving techniques so I am in good hands but I will certainly miss Sasha.

I didn't do much today.  Was at the hotel by 3pm and rested for a couple of hours, caught up on some work email and now I am going to have a salad at the hotel lobby bar.  Tanya and Gregoire are picking me up at 10am to go see Audrey, who has been sick and is at the baby hospital.  Nothing major - a fever and bronchitis is what they have told me - nothing to worry about...  To help ensure others don't also get sick, it is typical to take the kids to the baby hospital when they have a fever.  Tanya wasn't sure if she would be back at the babyhome or not for our visit but if not, she said that we could visit her at the baby hospital.  While obviously I would prefer that she is better and staying warm and as cozy as possible in the comfort of her babyhome crib, I will just be happy to see her and hold her and kiss her and talk to her - wherever that happens to be.

As for sweet Monkey, Clare, she is having a blast with Charlotte and her family back in Nashville.  Charlotte sent me a video of Clare playing with her daughter Hannah, just giggling and having so much fun.   I have the best friends who love Clare so much and  take such good care of her when I am away.  That makes leaving so much easier.

I will post again tomorrow and let you know how the visit with little Audrey went.  Hope all is well back home.

P.S.  Alice Cooper and his entourage are sitting at the table next to me at the lobby bar.  I didn't know his name but knew the face.  Google helped me figure out who he actually was...  The wonders of the Internet - so glad Al Gore invented it.  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you arrived safely! Please say hello to everyone in Moscow for us, and have a wonderful visit and successful court. Take care, Lori & Antoine

    ReplyDelete