Friday, September 16, 2011

One more week!

The time is almost here.  This is my last weekend at home before I head back to Moscow next weekend to meet a beautiful little girl.  My flights are booked.  I leave on Saturday the 24th and return home on Saturday, Oct 1.  I decided to go Singapore Air from Houston this time.  Only $730 RT to DME and then I booked a 2nd RT to get me to Houston but all in it was less than $1000 which is MUCH cheaper than United or Delta.  So excited.  The Marriott Courtyard didn't have the adoption rate available so I am at the Marriott Grand this time around which I hear is just as nice too.  The nursery has been changed from a boy's monkey jungle theme to a beautiful girly owl theme.  As I have said in other posts, the nursery is an emotional hurdle for me and helps me believe it is all real.  When I changed it from a girl's room to a boy's room with my last referral, it really helped.  So while it is not necessarily cost effective to keep switching it with each referral, each time I need to remain hopeful that this is the one!  So - 4th time is a charm right? 
This last week will be painful to keep waiting but I have my referral picture on my computer and stare at her sweet little face only about a million times each day.  Looking forward to meeting her soon and holding her in my arms.  Praying she is my daughter and Clare's baby sister!

More to come!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The room is adorable. Praying this child is meant to be yours. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute room :-) I'm flying that route but on the 21st... Wish I was in Moscow same time as I'd live to meet up with another SMC! Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete